All of our members have proven their lineage to at least one member of the Mayflower passengers. Some members have been able to trace back their ancestors to more than one Mayflower passenger.
But these members have not done this all on their own. Many of the Mayflower passengers ancestry has been documented up to four (4) to seven (7) generations. It is your job to document your ancestry back to one of those documented generations.
If you like to attempt to trace your ancestry, a great place to start is the Mayflower Lineage Match which is sponsored by the General Society of Mayflower Descendents.
All applicants must apply through one of the Member Societies. The Member Society Historian will help you determine what documents you need to prove your lineage, and then prepare your final application for membership. Once complete, your application will be sent to The Mayflower Society in Plymouth, Massachusetts for verification and approval by our genealogy department.
The South Dakota Mayflower Society meets annually to discuss topics and the direction the organization would like go during the next year.
An annual newsletter is also sent to all South Dakota Mayflower Society members. And the General Society of Mayflower Descendents sends a quarterly publication to all members.
Next Meeting Date:
Saturday, October 7, 2023
Time & Place: TBD
Registration Fee: TBD
Contact: Randy Olivier
The South Dakota Mayflower Society sends out an annual newsletter. We can send members a copy of the newsletter either via US Mail or via E-mail. If you would like to receive your copy via email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information on how to get started tracing your lineage back to a Mayflower Passenger, please contact our Historian, email@example.com
- Applicant contacts Historian and sends lineage and needed material to Historian as directed.
- Historian completes official Application form, checks supporting documents, corresponds with applicant as necessary. Final
application is sent by Historian to applicant for review and payment of application fee and first year dues.
- Application is then forwarded by Historian to the General Society in Plymouth MA, with a copy of documentation. Upon
approval of the Historian General, the application is returned to the Historian.
- Historian then sends the applicant a copy of this application along with a welcome letter and information sheet.
- Upon receipt of any outstanding or lifetime fees, the applicant is sent a signed certificate and membership card.
Mary (Norris) Allerton
Mrs. James Chilton
Mrs. Edward Fuller
Samuel Fuller (son of Edward)
Elizabeth (Fisher) Hopkins
Joan (Hurst) Tilley